Saturday, July 14, 2018

Shabby chick name plate

Shabby Chic Name Plates

Hi All!!!
Just started with Blogging
It's an amazing feel to be able to share my craft with words

I recently shifted to a new place and my crafty self had to give it a new name plate.
So hence came up this plan of having a handmade name plate

I made this one with loads of love ....it is in two parts
The Teal Blue Plate:
I began with the process of painting the base with teal blue chalk paint as I am in love with this colour.
Then decoupaged on the right hand side corner with a house pattern napkin I love the water colour effect in it too.
I then added the embellishments some of which are home made using silicone mould while others are MDF.
Added names of we two 💓💓
To top it all and give a pop of colours I added handmade flowers to finish this plate.

 The Pink One:
I derive the inspiration for this one from my daughter and her fascination for pink...my son hardly objects to his sister's choices so it had to be pink.
I started with painting the base with a pink chalk paint and the left it for drying.
then i used sweet magnolia napkin to decoupage on the base viola!! my base is ready.
I then added some gears and cycle embellishments.
Later I stencilled some cars and gears using black Gesso and texture paste all my son's favourites.
and added the names of my kiddos to finish this one 😄😄



I drilled two holes on each plate kept parallel and tied them with jute strings and lo we are good to go..this compiled name plate rests at my main entrance and engages guests and visitors 😁


This is my first blog do shower some love to let me know that I am going in the right direction
love and hugs!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome creation, love the lovely choice of colors and decoupage on the name plate.

    ReplyDelete

Handpainted Card

Hi Friends! I am excited to share this artwork with you today as I created it with lots of love and heart I mixed my two passions pain...